3. It focuses on goals that have valuable educational outcomes.
4. It identifies the student's current knowledge and skills and the necessary steps for reaching the desired goals.
5. It requires that plans are developed so that the desired goals are achieved.
6. Students are encouraged to self-monitor their progress towards attaining their specific goals.
7. There is frequent assessment which includes peer and student self-assessment and assessment is embedded within the learning activities.
8. Teachers provide examples of learning goals which also includes relevant, specific criteria or rubrics act will be used to evaluate the student's work.
9. Students are given opportunities to revise and improve their work and deepen their understanding.
10. It promotes metacognition and reflection by the students on their work.
Formative Assessment and Careful Observation and Questioning: The Key to Learninghttps://au.pinterest.com/magsmg/formative-assessment-and-careful-observation-and-q/?etslf=9565&eq=formative%20assessment
For other ideas on Formative Assessments follow the links below